Donner Lake Triathlon FAQ
Yes, many of our events are set up for a maximum number of participants and therefore do sell out. Register early to save your spot and to pay a lower registration fee. Fees are increased on a tiered basis as the event date nears.
VOLUTION20 code gives them 20% off any Volution style (Fullsleeve, Sleeveless, QJ).
60DAYRENTAL is good for a 60 day rental for the same price of a 30 day rental. 60 day is usually $100 but is discounted to $75. ($25 dollars off).
Here is a link for the rentals:
Link to 2021 wetsuit shop:
Triathlon and Duathlon events
- 3 person teams, each teammate competes in one stage (swim-bike-run)
- 2 person teams, one teammate competes in two stages and the other teammate competes in the other stage
- The timing ankle chip is exchanges just inside the transition area (to the left) as needed between teammates
- All team members receive finishing award, placement award, T-shirt, meals, etc.
Yes, in some of our events there are cut-off times. For example the Half Distance Triathlons have cut-off times. Visit each events schedule page for additional information. Click here for the event calendar.
Yes Pro/Elite, age-group, Athena, Clydesdale, Collegiate, Challenged, etc., categories are available.
USA Triathlon is the governing body of the sport of triathlon in the United States. Their website is www.usatriathlon.org They sanction and insure our Triathlon events.
The conditions on Lake Tahoe change throughout the seasons. We have found the following link, from UC Davis (who does research in the area) to be a good resource with up-to-date water temperature. One note to consider however, is their temperatures may be a bit colder than what a swimmer would feel on the surface. Typically the water temperature is:
• XTERRA Tahoe City, 64
• Donner Lake Triathlon, 69
• Lake Tahoe Triathlon, 69
• XTERRA Lake Tahoe, 69
• Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim,68
• Truckee Open Water Swim, 68