Donner Lake Triathlon Schedule
Saturday July 23, 2016 events:
- Donner Lake Kids Triathlon
- Donner Lake SPRINT Triathlon
Sunday July 24, 2016 events:
- Donner Lake OLYMPIC Triathlon
- Donner Lake HALF Triathlon
- Donner Lake Aquabike
All scheduled activities are based at West End Beach/Donner Lake/Truckee, CA
|5-7:00 PM||July 22||Friday||Sprint and Kids Triathlon Packet Pick-Up and Registration||West End Beach|
|5:30 PM||July 22||Friday||Swim Clinic||West End Beach|
|6:00 PM||July 22||Friday||Pre Ride Donner Lake Triathlon Olympic/Half Bike Course||West End Beach|
|6:00 AM||July 23||Saturday||Sprint Transition Area Open||West End Beach|
|7:30 AM||July 23||Saturday||Sprint Start||West End Beach|
|8:00 AM||July 23||Saturday||Truckee Open Water Swim Start||West End Beach|
|8:15-11:45 AM||July 23||Saturday||Sprint and Kids Race Finish||West End Beach|
|8:00AM-4:00 PM||July 23||Saturday||EXPO||West End Beach|
|8:30-9:30 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids Race Packet Pick Up/Registration||West End Beach|
|9:00 AM||July 23||Saturday||KIDS Transition Area Open||West End Beach|
|10:00 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids 13-15 yrs Race Start||West End Beach|
|10:10 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids 11-12 yrs Race Start||West End Beach|
|10:25 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids 9-10 yrs Race Start||West End Beach|
|10:50 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids 7-8 yrs Race Start||West End Beach|
|11:15 AM||July 23||Saturday||Kids 6 & under Race Start||West End Beach|
|10:45 AM-noon||July 23||Saturday||Awards, Food & Beverage||West End Beach|
|2-5:00 PM||July 23||Saturday||Olympic/Half/Aquabike race check-in, packet pick-up and registration||West End Beach|
|4:00 PM||July 23||Saturday||Olympic/Half/Aquabike race briefing and athlete meeting||West End Beach|
|5:30 AM||July 24||Sunday||Transition Area Open||West End Beach|
|7:30 AM||July 24||Sunday||START: Half Triathlon||West End Beach|
|7:30 AM||July 24||Sunday||START: Aquabike||West End Beach|
|7:45 AM||July 24||Sunday||START: Olympic Triathlon||West End Beach|
|8:00AM-4:00 PM||July 24||Sunday||EXPO||West End Beach|
|11:30 AM||July 24||Sunday||First Half Finisher Expected||West End Beach|
|11:30 AM||July 24||Sunday||Olympic Awards Ceremony/Approximate Time||West End Beach|
|1:00-4:00 PM||July 24||Sunday||Live music||West End Beach|
|3:00 PM||July 24||Sunday||Half Awards Ceremony/Approximate Time||West End Beach|
Wave Start Times:
Note: Tentative schedule below check back for changes
|Sprint Triathlon||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:30 AM||Men 49 & Under||White|
|7:35 AM||Men 50 + & Clydesdale||Purple|
|7:40 AM||Women 44 & Under||Pink|
|7:45 AM||Women 45+, Relays & Athena||Orange|
|Half Triathlon||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:30 AM||Men & Clydesdale||Blue|
|7:35 AM||Women, Relays, Athena, Aquabike||Orange|
|Olympic Triathlon||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:45 AM||Men 49 & Under||White|
|7:50 AM||Men 50+, Women 39 & Under, Clydesdales||Puple|
|7:55 AM||Women 40 +, Relays & Athena||Pink|
Cut Off Times for the Half Distance Race
- Swim: 8:45AM 1 hour and 10 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Bike: 1:05 PM 5 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run: 2:05 PM 2nd lap 6 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run: 4:05 PM 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- The race will officially end 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start at 4:05 PM
Important Packet Pickup Notes
ID is Required
- At registration, ALL athletes are required to show photo ID. Every single participant must have a photo ID, this includes all relay participants. Youth athletes without an ID must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Annual USAT members are required to bring their membership card.
- Athletes may only pick up their own packets. Under no circumstances may an athlete pick up a packet for another person. Regarding relays, all relay members must be present to receive the packet, or split up the relay packet for each participant.
- If an athlete does not bring a photo ID to packet pickup they have two options:
- Find it
- Have someone fax them a copy of their photo ID
- If an athlete does not bring their USAT membership card to packet pickup they have three options:
- Find it
- Locate internet access where a temporary card can be printed
- Purchase a one-day membership for $12, which can later be applied to a membership renewal by submitting a receipt of purchase
USAT Membership Fees for 2016
- Adult Annual Membership – $50
- Adult One-day Membership – $15. Must pay by Check or Cash, no credit card.
- Available at onsite registration only.
- Youth (age 17 and under) Annual Membership – $15
- Youth One-day Membership – $10. Must pay by Check or Cash, no credit card.
- Available at onsite registration only.
- One Day Membership:
- Athletes that need to purchase a one-day license must sign the USAT waiver if it was not included on the event registration form or process. Annual members do not have to sign a waiver at packet pickup because they already signed it when they applied to become an annual member.
- Old Highway 40 / Lincoln Highway
- Saturday July 23 from 7am-830 am
- Sunday July 24 from 7am-1pm
- Closed from South Shore drive to Sugar Bowl Road